Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Serious Technical Advancements

I just finished watching an episode of Kathy Griffin's My Life on the D-List that I DVRed last night, and I just have to marvel at the new-fangled invention that is a DVR.

I am aware that this whole DVR phenomenon might not be altogether new, per se, but I find it enhances my life every day. For example, just last night I noticed that episodes of Bridezillas and My Life on the D-List were on in addition to my beloved Jon and Kate + 8. This wouldn't normally pose a problem, but my fantastic and non-TV-compatible husband was sitting next to me on the couch. He had just spent an entire day working on a huge grad school project and wanted to relax with me. What's a girl to do? With the power of the DVR on my side, I simply had to hit a few buttons, turn and smile at my lovely husband, and pop in a Netflix we both wanted to watch. Now, as I sit here with a towel wrapped around my wet hair while I get ready to face a day at work, I can cram all of that TV into a short time by fast-forwarding through those useless commercials. Coffee and reality TV in the morning ... ahhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...