Thursday, March 21, 2013

Book Review: Elegy for Eddie

Things got a little crazy around here, people. Things got taken to a whole new level, and I am trying to get it all down, but even sitting down to write about it is proving impossible. So is, it seems, remembering that I agreed to post a review of Elegy for Eddie by Jacqueline Winspear. 

Oops.

Elegy for Eddie is one of the Maisie Dobbs books (which meant nothing to me when I agreed to review it). Having never heard of Winspear before and then learning that TLC Book Tours had multiple books in the series being reviewed this month, I looked her up and learned she is quite the prolific best-selling author.

That makes perfect sense as soon as you crack open one of her books. Maisie Dobbs is a investigator in 1930s London. I could probably stop the review right there, because DONE. Am I right? I'll give you a little more to go on, however, if you aren't sold on that alone (although if you're not, I question your taste in reading material). (Just kidding) (Sort of)

Winspear is an award-winning author for a reason. The writing is simply divine, her characters are dynamic, and the plot will make any detective-novel lover happy. The entire series is highly acclaimed, and I will be adding them all to my library list. Start with Elegy for Eddie or start at the beginning of the Maisie Dobbs series. Either way, you're in for a treat.

I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for my review, but was not compensated in any way. The opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one! Hope everyone in your family is on the mend now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...