Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter, Birthday, Sick, TV, Gardening

Get ready to throw me a pity party -- I've been sick since Easter morning. Luckily, I managed to focus on the children, although we all know that holidays are about cranky adults and not making it magical for children. 

Lots of family events, plus an egg hunt at the library. They had a ball.









It gets worse (for me). The next day was my birthday. sad trombone

I know. My first world problems like looking puffy and gross in my birthday picture are really breaking your heart, right?



Well, it turns out, my husband and kids are so magnificent that they made the day awesome anyway. They are the actual best.

I don't have a lot of deep thoughts about turning 32, so let's see ... what has been new lately?

*****

Jeremy and I finished watching Breaking Bad (slightly behind the times, I know, but it was very satisfying to binge-watch the entire series). Having let the finale sink in for a few days, I feel I can safely say I do NOT agree that it was the best show ever on television. I liked it. Well, I liked it once I got to the fourth season, and then by the last season I started actively hating a certain character and spent entire episodes shaking my head and sighing (between that and me guessing what's about to happen, I am an absolute JOY to watch TV and movies with). And everyone says the finale is fantastic, but I thought it was kind of a snooze compared to other episodes. It makes sense, I guess, since I liked the finale of Dexter even though it seems like everyone else in the world hated it, and I disliked the finale of BB even though everyone says it was the best. I still think it's a show worth watching for the characters alone, but not in my top five.

*****

I'm really itching to plant flowers and veggies, but to be safe I need to wait another month, and it just seems so very far away. Today we went outside and I designated one of the flower beds a "Josie garden." She is going to be in charge of choosing seeds, planting, checking them daily, watering, and weeding. She is GEEKED. While I was saving some Hyacinths that I planted in very poor places last fall and were coming up IN my Trillium instead of being interspersed with them (hey, I tried), Josie dug around in her garden and pulled out all the leaves and aerated the dirt and made sure there were a sufficient number of worms. Genevieve went down the slide a million times then tried to eat some dirt. It was nice to be out of the house, but that hour knocked me right on my butt.

*****

.... Yikes. Not much else is really going on besides me moping and moaning and coughing. I am moving steadily through House on Netflix while I laze about. This show, man. I should hate it, but I love it. You know?

*****

I JUST figured out how to tie this all together! Jeremy and I need a new show to binge-watch! Do you have suggestions? We prefer one that is done (so we can watch it all and not wait for new episodes), and some of our mutual favorites are LOST, The Office, Dexter, Mad Men, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Twin Peaks, Reno 911!, and Seinfeld. What can we watch next and both like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...