Monday, May 16, 2011

Making An Effort Monday

In an effort to make more of the things I love -- good food, pretty things, and organized spaces -- I bring you Making An Effort Monday!


After the rave reviews from Jeremy on my last bacon-wrapped chicken creation, I decided to 'speriment again with the lovely combo, and this is what I landed on.  I was less-than-creative with the name, however.  Oh well.

GREEK BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (defrosted)
Turkey bacon (three slices per breast)
Feta cheese
Greek dressing

DIRECTIONS:
1.  Flatten your defrosted chicken breasts.  I use the flat side of the meat tenderizer so they don't turn to pulp.  If you have especially splattery chicken, lay a piece of saran wrap over the chicken then bang away.
2.  Rub a very small amount of Greek dressing on the chicken (like, the size of a penny).  I love Kraft Extra Virgin Olive Oil Greek Vinaigrette (yum), but I'm sure any Greek dressing will do.

3.  Spread some feta on the chicken.


4.  Wrap the chicken into a tight little tube, then lay three pieces of bacon on top and wrap the ends under on both sides.  Viola!


5.  Toss in a greased pan.  I cooked them about 40 minutes on 450, but my oven is strange.  Whatever you do for chicken should work, then just make sure the juices are running clear when you cut into it.  
6.  Switch oven to broil for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon.  Again, depending on how crispy you want your bacon, do as you please.  I did about 3 minutes.

 I know, not very creative in the side dish department.  So sue me.

YUM!  Jeremy called it excellent.  I thought it was pretty dang good myself.

There you have it folks!  Brag about your own efforts in the comments, and if you try the recipe, let me know!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...