Monday, May 30, 2011

Making An Effort Monday

In an effort to make more of the things I love -- good food, pretty things, and organized spaces -- I bring you Making An Effort Monday!

Oh lordy.  Most of my efforts this past week have involved packing for a four-day trip to Mackinac Island.  As if packing for myself and my little monkey weren't enough, we were headed to a convention at the fancy-schmancy Grand Hotel, and we needed about four outfit changes a day, not to mention figuring out the logistics of bringing along enough stuff to keep her quiet and entertained during all the quiet moments and enough fresh food to keep her happy and full.  Le Sigh.


It was TOTALLY worth it, because we had a ball, and I will write all about it very soon, but in the meantime, here is what I created last week.  No new recipes, but bows and clips galore (I needed to accessorize my little one!).


I had to make a new white bow, because hers met the fate of hands covered in avocado.  Man, all those healthy fatty acids sure stain!
Then she needed something to zazz up a little striped outfit, so I whipped this up quickly:
Huh.  Maybe I shouldn't have taken a picture of white on white.  Whatever.  Here is how it looks in her hair:
I also made matching flowers for our matching outfits.  Shut up.  It's not lame when moms dress their kids like themselves.  Evidence:  *I* did it, meaning it is awesome.
 
I also made some fabric and ribbon rosettes.  I made this one for my dress for the banquet:
I made two for my niece and then forgot to take pictures of them OF COURSE.  You can kind of see them in this picture.  One has pearls in the center and one has a jewel in the center:
And I made an adorable white one for Josephine to wear to the banquet, but I cannot find it anywhere since I am not unpacked yet.  Here is a picture of her wearing it, but of course her hair is all messy.  But of course.

And that is that, folks.  Thanks for playing along.  Happy Monday and Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...