Monday, May 2, 2011

Last Night

I was actually starting a Making An Effort Monday post when I turned on the TV and saw the news.  I furiously poked Jeremy to wake him up, and just silently pointed at the headline on the screen: BREAKING NEWS: OSAMA BIN LADEN HAS BEEN KILLED.  Neither one of us said a word for about fifteen minutes.


I know this will be one of those flashbulb memories.  Like 9/11.  Like Columbine.  Like the official declaration of war on Iraq.  I will always remember this moment.


I know the world is not fixed now. I know I will still have to take off my shoes at the airport and have my shampoo confiscated.  While it feels superbly unnatural to feel glad that someone is dead, I do.  I cried when President Obama made the official announcement.  Last night was completely surreal, and I have quite the surreal-moment hangover.


It feels wrong to talk about recipes, so I won't today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...