1. If you follow me on twitter, you have heard the wailing all day, but those of you who haven't, here is the sadness: Another Saturday, another Saturday with Jeremy at work. You would think I might be used to it by now, or I could at least put forth an effort, since it is a permanent part of his job for the foresable future, but DAMMIT, it's a SATURDAY, and we have both had long weeks, and ... it's a SATURDAY. This is why I do stupid things on Saturdays, like leave the house RIGHT AS A MICHIGAN STATE FOOTBALL GAME IS ENDING (stupid!), because I FORGET it is a Saturday. I mean, it's not a Saturday to us.
2. Today was extra-bad for a few reasons. One of those if Jeremy worked from 8:00 AM until 3:30 PM, then came home, then LEFT AGAIN at 5:45 and will not be back until 11 or 12 because tonight is the museum's big fundraiser, and Jeremy is helping raise money blah blah BLAH. That's a long day for him, and a long day for me, because ...
3. The other reason this Saturday was extra-bad is Josephine is taking this teething thing a little too seriously. Remember how in her 15-month update I was crying about her working on three molars at once? Well, her incisors decided to join the party, and now she is trying to push SEVEN teeth through her sweet, delicate gums. So now it looks a little like this:
4. During one of my whiny tweets today, I seem to have inadvertently caused a bit of a stir. All I said was this:
In calling her "Joze," I am not spelling "Josie" in a "unique" way, I am spelling a nickname phonetically - Joze, short for Josie. Rhymes with "doze." Not like Jo-zee. Sorry to get your hopes up if that's what you thought I was going for. ALSO, if we were going to go for a Jay-Z-like spelling for Josie, I'm pretty sure we would go with JoZ, Jo-Z, or Jo.Z, but I haven't consulted Jeremy on this. I'll get back to you.
5. Thank you to all who have commented on my diaper situation. I am still more than happy to hear your thoughts, so feel free to leave them on this post, the original, on my facebook page, in an e-mail, or a tweet. Products have been ordered (Rockin Green Cloth Diaper and Laundry Detergent Funk Rock Ammonia Bouncer for a super soak and Charlie's Soap for a new detergent to try), and I am currently in the midst of a "natural" stripping of the diapers. Basically, I am washing eight at a time, on the largest load for the longest wash length, on the hottest temperature -- over and over. I did the first set of eight five times, and they came out smelling a little better already, so I am optimistic.
I am guessing from all the comments and all the reading I did before and after your comments, that either a build-up of detergent, or a build-up of just ammonia, or a slight build-up of detergent acted to collect the ammonia has wedged itself in the cracks of my microfiber liners and the PUL lining. No matter how you slice it, I have a serious case of the funk, and after trying my battle plan, I will be sure to provide all the gory details.
So, look forward to that, am I right?
6. When Jeremy left for this black-tie fundraiser tonight, I told him to take along a thermos and some ziploc bags and come home with the thermos filled with gin and tonic and the bags with hors d'oeuvres. Get this. First of all, he thought I was joking. Not one little bit. Then, THEN, he just shook his head at me like I was ridiculous.
7. This is JUST like when I was in labor, and STARVING (Hello, I hadn't eaten for 24 hours ... how the HELL do you think a person is supposed to have enough energy to push a baby out at that point? Seriously.), and I told Jeremy as he was leaving to get some stuff from home "Don't come back without a bean and cheese burrito." He was shocked. First he wanted to know if I was serious. YES. Then he wanted to know where to get one. OUR FREEZER. Then he wanted to know how to sneak it in. WARM, WRAP IN PAPER TOWEL, PUT IN POCKET, GIMME. Then he said he "thought it might not be the best idea." I told the nurse to lock the door when he left, but they don't even have locks on their doors. Stupid.
This is Jeremy's chance to make up for the burrito/labor error. Will he emerge victorious? I'll let you know. In the meantime, leaving a comment with your guess as to whether or not he smuggled me home some food would be appreciated and enjoyed.