Friday, June 15, 2012

And Then She Did A Meme

I am feeling ick and tired and want to write a real post because writing is very cathartic for me, but the energy/creativity? She is missing. I thought it might be the perfect time to fill out this old meme that pretty much every blogger I read has done. The last person I remember having seen do it was Sarah from Home Sweet Sarah, and that is where I went and copied it; sorry if I didn't link to you and you have done it, but I would be searching blogs all day. If you also did it, you are clearly also awesome.


A. Age: 30. Still having a hard time writing that.
B. Bed size: King.
C. Chore that you hate: Vacuuming the stairs. Close runners-up: Cleaning the microwave and scrubbing the tub.
D. Dogs: Beautiful Cleo!
We had just had another toddler over. And she thought ONE was tiring! 
E. Essential start to your day: Normally I would say coffee, but I had cut down to 1/2 a cup in the morning and now have gone two days without it ... I feel rountine-less.
F. Favorite color: Probably blue if I had to choose one. I feel like everyone says this, though, so I find myself disappointing.
G. Gold or silver: SILVER, SILVER, A THOUSAND TIMES, SILVER. Gold brings out the tones in my skin that make me a shoe-in for playing a deathly ill person in any TV show or film (YES, I've considered the career change).
H. Height: 5' 10".
I. Instruments that you play: I can still play a few songs on the piano, and I cannot WAIT to have a real home and buy a piano.
J. Job title: Stay-at-home mom during the day, College English Instructor by night, Crazy Lady 24 HOURS A DAY.
K. Kids: The Bean (Josephine Isabelle) and working on cooking Baby X.

L. Live: Lansing. (I REALLY like how that whole "L" thing just worked out)
M. Mother's name: Arlene.
N. Nicknames: V, Ver, Ver-Ber. 
O. Overnight hospital stays: Just when I pushed out that child. I had never even been admitted to a hospital till I had that babe.
P. Pet peeves: Sigh. People who don't know/don't care about the difference between simple words like "your" and "you're," walking in puddles and getting my shoes wet (especially work shoes), changing a word in a weird way to seem funny (Ex: "edumacation"), SLOW WALKERS, people who don't know basic traffic rules, like TURNING INTO THEIR OWN LANE AND NOT INTO THE SIDE OF MY VEHICLE THAT MY CHILD IS RIDING IN, people who make scowly or confused faces when my child says "hi" to them in public. There are more. There are so many more, but my headache is getting worse just thinking about this.
Q. Quote from a movie: "It came with the frame" (identify this and be my Internet bestie for life)
R: Right or left handed: Right, but I do a lot of things left handed, like use a sewing machine. Also, did you know there is such a thing as a left handed swimmer? My swim instructor said I came up for air like a left handed person.
S: Siblings: Lots! Two older half-sisters, Lisa and Tracy; younger brother, Thomas; younger sister, Victoria; lots and lots and lots of in-laws.
T: Travel favorite: Well, we obviously love Mackinac Island, but I am itching to get out to Cape Cod, especially the tippity-tip, Provincetown. I was hoping for this summer. Maybe if Baby X takes a chill pill we can hop in the car and get out there still.
U. Underwear: Oh Please.  
V. Vegetable(s) you hate: In the past two years, my body has decided it hates cucumbers, which is a crying shame. Oh, and I for real hate brussel sprouts.
W. What makes you run late: Josephine trying to escape to the backyard to play as I carry her out to the car. And then when she flails and screams and reaches for the backyard while I try to strap her in. Happens EVERY time. 
X. X-rays you've had: Teeth, foot, ankle, lungs ... maybe more? But no broken bones!
Y. Yummy food that you make: Depends on who you ask. I love my nachos and salads; Jeremy likes my chicken parmesan, chicken and dumplings, and lasagna.
Z. Zoo animal: Tigers!
If you have already done this or do it in the future, leave me a link to yours and I will check it out! 

8 comments:

  1. Does that mean you don't wear underwear or that you just don't want to fuel morbid curiosity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the Burbs.... pretty girl.. friend of yours. No... it came with the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I'm not sure how I ended up at your blog... must have been clicking around and landed here! But I LOVE your movie quote. That's a random go-to for a friend and myself. Sardine?

    Your blog is awesome! I just went through buying a house myself. So, I am totally relating to a couple of things. I'll be back to keep reading more!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! So good to find a fellow Burbs fan, and of course, I love new readers. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...