I happened to be at my early birthday dinner with Jeremy.
We decided to only check in on what was happening about once every half hour. It was just ridiculous to think I could turn off my brain and not be focused on what was going on in Watertown.
But I had a lovely evening anyway. Dinner, drinks, then coffee and more talking at a hip new coffee place/art gallery. It was great.
Earlier that day I got Genevieve some new shoes that aged her significantly. She is trying to walk, so I got her some shoes that don't just have soft baby soles, and ... well, look for yourself:
These were on sale for $11 in one size bigger than Josie is currently wearing, so I was legally obligated to buy them, right?
On top of all that shoe-y goodness, both girls were in the newspaper for winning a smile contest!
Okay, so here is my last and best attempt at lightening things up around here. Here is how Josephine greeted me this morning:
"Good morning mama ... you need a shot to fix that boo boo on you face!"
Here's what I have to say about that:
2. I have no idea where she got the idea of a shot fixing a boo boo.
3. I didn't even have a zit!!!!! So what part of my face looks bad enough to be considered a boo boo that is so severe it needs a shot to fix it??
4. I seriously went into the bathroom and stared at my face for a good five minutes after she said this.
5. I may have softened on the idea of cosmetic surgery.
6. Is that what she meant? Does she know what cosmetic surgery is and thinks I NEED it?
7. Fine, if she chooses that as a career path, at least she will be able to take care of us financially in our old age.
8. Hang on, I need to go look in the mirror again. WHAT BOO BOO?!?!?!