Thursday, March 22, 2012

Book Review: The Fault in Our Stars

I fell in love with John Green when I read Looking for Alaska, and my love for him only grew stronger when I got a copy of The Fault in Our Stars


There is a tremendous list of reasons that I adore John Green's work, but I must say, one of the reasons I recommend his work to everyone is that he has that uncanny gift of making everyone who reads his book feel like he or she was the exact target audience for the book, whether they are a teenager or a senior citizen. His books feel like they were written just for you. As one of the most celebrated Young Adult authors of recent years, he obviously knows how to capture a young audience, but his razor-sharp wit, his cunning wordplay, and the vast knowledge he gives his young characters will have you hooked in the first few pages; I guarantee it. 


Now here's where I have to get all technical and admit it is, in fact, a book about teenage cancer patients. I know, I know. It's hard to commit to picking up a book like that, because you know you are putting your heart at risk of being completely demolished, but I promise you -- it is worth it. The beauty of this novel, the amazing characters, everything -- it is worth having to think about your own mortality or that of your children. It is not one of those books that piles it on, trying to make you feel miserable, it just happens to be about cancer.


In case you hadn't figured it out, I love this book and recommend it wholeheartedly.


If you'd like to see what others in the BlogHer Book Club had to say about this book, click on over and check it out.


As part of the BlogHer Book Club, I was provided with a copy of The Fault in Our Stars and was compensated for this review, but everything written is my honest opinion (because I am mean and would tell you if the book sucked)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...