Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The One Where I Write About Nothing and Everything

I've had a hard time writing lately. I have an awful lot on my mind, but all of a sudden I am having this crisis of "What to write? What NOT to write? Do I trust myself to edit? Do I talk too much about x? Do people get annoyed when I talk too little about y and never about z?" I try to remind myself that this is just a silly blog and some people like it and some people don't and SO WHAT? but at the end of the day, some of the things going on in my head I will probably not want to remember, so maybe not writing about them is good? In the past writing is what helped sort out my feelings, but for the past few weeks it has seemed like a trap. A booty trap, if you will. 

I don't know. All I know is that currently I have a lot of things that are scary and sad and weighing heavily on my heart and brain, but I also have a lot of things that are good and potentially life-changing, and they are all happening at once, but at any moment the things that seem scary could disappear and I might never worry about them again, but the good things might not lead to the actual level of goodness that we are hoping for. I know this is all very cryptic and vague and infuriating, and WHY WOULD SHE EVEN POST SOMETHING LIKE THAT WITHOUT EXPLAINING HERSELF?, but I think in the next few weeks some things will sort themselves out and in the next few months the rest will be sorted, and HALLELUJAH. Maybe a little less brain pain? We shall see.

However, in the meantime, I can share some snippets of life in our little corner of Capitol City:

1. Jeremy got a new job! This is one of the good things, but is also creating complications that are of the "might take months to unravel" variety. But that's okay, because it is a good job, at a good place, where he will be doing what he has wanted to do for a very long time. Bravo, and all that. Maybe more details on that soon.

2. Tomorrow I see the babeh doctor and get to schedule my 20-week ultrasound that will (hopefully) reveal the gender of Baby X! Four weeks from today!

3. We started calling the new baby Baby X. I cannot tell you how much we enjoy this nickname.

4. I started drinking a crap-ton of lemon water. Like, "enough lemon to make the water look hazy and enough lemon to strip the enamel from my teeth" lemon water. It is about the only way I can drink the recommended amount of water a day, and supposedly there are all these benefits (increased metabolism, etc., etc.) to drinking water with lots of lemon, so I am just assuming my body is now in tip-top shape. Also, delicious.

5. Josephine is adding some fun new words to her vocabulary. My favorites are "bite," as in "Give me a bite of what you are eating, woman!" and "butt" (while pointing at her diaper), which means "Something is about to happen in my butt area" or "Something is currently happening in my butt area" or "Something has already happened in my butt area." It used to only be the last one, so we would change her when she said "butt," but now sometimes we take her up and NOTHING. Then she poops two minutes later. I assumed this meant she was ready for the ol' potty, and when she says "butt" I run her upstairs to the potty seat, but she will sit for like two seconds then say "no no no no!" and run away, naked. 

Other notable words include "please" and "thank you"!!! These are the two newest, and I could not be more pleased!

6. It is Week 10 at work (yes, we have 10-week quarters at my college -- hectic, to say the least), meaning I will be collecting papers and helping my students dry their eyes when they begin sobbing in the realization that life without my class will likely be devoid of happiness. 

7. After this week, I have two weeks off to prep for next quarter ... but I learned today I will only be teaching one class. *sad trombone*. Coming from teaching three classes, an independent study, and having Writing Center hours to only one class will be a nice break time-wise, but not so much money-wise. Oh well. We'll just tighten our belts and make the most of mom being home more!

8. I finally tried green smoothies (fruit, ice, and lots of fresh spinach)! OMG. I might have to do a full post later, because, LOVED IT. I didn't believe it could be true, but you DON'T EVEN TASTE THE SPINACH. Need to buy more spinach to feed my new obsession. 

9. My mom is coming tomorrow for shopping and lunch! It's been a while since we had one of our girl days. 

Well, I hope this makes up for the bizarre and vague intro, because now you likely feel like you know TOO MUCH about my life, right? What can I say? I'm a woman of extremes.

Ta-ta for now,
VMD

P.S. My blood type is O positive. Now you know everything.

4 comments:

  1. I just write what I am currently thinking. Good, bad, weird, otherwise. I'm sending good thoughts your way. Also, you need to post these green smoothie recipes. I was actually just googling recipes before I started reading your post! They scare me. Should I be scared?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! Don't be scared! They just taste like whatever fruit you add. Delish!

      Delete
  2. 1. Have you tried those Mio drops? They're flavored drops (0 calories, 0 sugar) that you add to water, so you get the benefit of water without the taste. So far I've only purchased the mango-peach flavor and I love it. I keep it my desk and drink "water" with my lunch everyday now.

    2. I also just tried Odwalla's version of the "green" smoothie. I was totally surprised that I liked that too! Check it out if you don't feel like making your own.

    3. Feel free to email me if you have some vague-worrisome stuff going on that you don't want to share with the general public, but have to get off your chest. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I haven't! Do they make the water sicky-sweet at all?
      2. I love the Odwalla and Naked ones, too. It is cheaper to make your own, surprisingly, but I treat myself to one while grocery shopping. I'm wild like that.
      3. You're sweet! :)

      Delete

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...