Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Turkey Day ...

... and I CANNOT wait!  Yum, yum, yum!

Here are the things I love most about Thanksgiving:

1.  My family.  My siblings and parents are wild, loud, crazy, and wonderful.  There will be lots of hugs, kisses, shouting, food, wine and other fantastic things.  There will be anger -- there is always anger -- but it is short lived and usually egged on by a family member who thinks it is funny.  After the inevitable fight over something trivial, I will eat until I slip into a food coma, and all will be right with the world.

2.  My in-laws.  Not only did I get born into a great family, but I married into an awesome one too.  And this family is not just siblings and parents -- I will be seeing zillions of aunts, uncles, cousins, and the one and only Gran.  There will probably be about 50 people in a normal-sized house, and it will be AWESOME!  So much laughter and love. 

3.  My husband.  Granted, this is my first Thanksgiving as a married lady, but my husband is the fantastic individual who bridges that gap between the two families, and I am thankful to have such a amazing, wonderful, handsome, intelligent, and understanding man to drive me to one house in the morning and another one in the afternoon to experience both Thanksgivings tomorrow.  And to roll me into house and put me to bed tomorrow night after two Thanksgivings. 

4.  THE FOOD!  Duh.  Thanksgiving is the day where you are allowed, nay, EXPECTED to be a huge pig.  So, essentially, Thanksgiving is my Christmas.  I am drooling just thinking about it!

5.  Safety in numbers.  What with the copious amounts of food and the large number of people eating it, when I spill something, I know I will be in good company as someone else is bound to have spilled or be about to spill.

6.  Acceptable laziness.   I love my couch.  I love sitting on it.  I love lounging on the couch, uninteruppted, for hours at a time.  I know it will only get worse as I get older, but there is always something stupid to interrupt my lazy time, like cleaning, laundry, or grading papers, and I despise interruptions to my lazy time.  But Thanksgiving?  You can have couch time.  Do your work, tryptophan!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...