Friday, November 27, 2009

Now that I Have Risen From My Food Coma

Thanksgiving did NOT disappoint!

The one moment of Marcetti family anger was short-lived, and then when I told the story to my little sister later, she laughed so hard she almost peed.  So, totally worth it.

The day was going swimmingly, when all of a sudden there were two flies in the room.  Not only did that gross me out and annoy me, but that is clearly NOT what Thanksgiving is about!  So, I insisted Jeremy kill them.  My Dad grabbed two fly swatters, and they entertained us for quite some time trying to get those flies.


The look of determination

It is not immediately obvious, but please note that Jeremy is holding BOTH fly swatters.


Of course, two people shouted "Don't cross the streams!!" when they did this

When I saw one, I would shout at Jeremy and point it out.  He said this did not help.  It's hard to understand why.

Eventually, the houseflies were removed and we continued with our lovely family time.

Look, here is evidence -- my little sister and her boyfriend:



Adorable, right?
 
And it only took me seven tries to get a picture that wasn't fuzzy, so ... kudos to me.  I also wanted evidence of the adorableness of our first Thanksgiving as a MARRIED COUPLE, and this is what I got:



My devastatingly handsome husband!!

Jeremy is adorable, as usual.  And me?  Nothing says "Happy Thanksgiving" like a weird, in-between, growing-out-my-hair haircut!

Please also note the beard.  I do not care for beards, but Jeremy explained that his facial hair represented the bounty that is Thanksgiving.  You know, like a cornucopia on his face.

We had lots of good food, lots of laugh, and lots of fun with the family.  Hope you all had fabulous days as well!

4 comments:

  1. Here's how you catch a fly..(a fly trap).Apply a little grease/oil onto a lid and hover it over the flying insect,voila the insect gets stuck to the oiled lid and wouldn't be able to fly..Pick it up and throw it outside..I 've tried this many times and has worked well.. Good luck..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god, he's HOT! You go girl! He's kinda Dexterish, minus the serial killer thing.

    And you've got it goin' on yourself! ;)

    ~Jenn (Ex Hot Girl)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jenn!

    And yes ... he is JUST like Dexter ... only NOT a serial killer. Not at ALL. He definitely does NOT kill people ... I've said too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jenn!

    And yes ... he is JUST like Dexter ... only NOT a serial killer. Not at ALL. He definitely does NOT kill people ... I've said too much.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...