Monday, February 21, 2011

And Now, "REALLY??!?!!?" With Your Disgruntled Host, Veronica

I know, twice in one day, right?  Well, the tone of this post is slightly different.  I could not keep my disgruntledness (it's a word, even if my spellcheck says it's not) to myself.  


#1:  Jeremy was sick all last week.  Really sick.  NOW, I am sick.  REALLY sick.  I have not been this sick in two years, at least.  Here's the kicker.  Jeremy just turned to me a few minutes ago and said, "Ummm, my throat is starting to hurt again."  Really??  REALLY?!?!!?!?!?!  As soon as the little Bean starts coughing, I am calling for reinforcements.  Oh wait, my mom said she is "booked" all next week.  Sigh.


#2:  I'm sitting here, watching all the school closings for tomorrow, which of course, would screw my classes up schedule-wise, but I am SICK people, so a snow day would be awesome-balls.  So far, EVERY SINGLE school and day care in the county I teach is closed, except (yep, you guessed it) MY COLLEGE.  Really??  REALLY?!?!!?!?!?!


#3:  After having Jeremy off and helping me out today (the naps were MUCH appreciated, loving husband), I went upstairs and opened the diaper drawer, and there are only TWO diapers left!  Really??  REALLY?!?!!?!?!?!  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, like L-O-V-E, using cloth diapers, but when I get lazy and wait until they are all dirty ... man oh man ... it is a nail-biter.  I have to run them through on cold, then on hot, and then they take a while to dry because I have to dry them on low heat, THEN I have to re-assemble them all.  Sigh.  Looks like I will be up for a few more hours.  (BUT, we got all of our cloth diapers as gifts, meaning we have not bought a SINGLE DIAPER since our babe entered the world.  Holy savings, Batman!)


Okay, I should probably think of a good "Really?"  Like, a "Really? :)"  Here's one:



It should be here in eight days.  Cha-ching!  Jeremy said I should photoshop dollar signs over his eyes in that picture!


And, of course, as I was typing this, I looked over and saw this:



This is MINE?  Really? 
And, she REALLY is.


Man, that was quite a twist at the end there, eh?

5 comments:

  1. Holy hernia (<--- that was supposed to be "Holy Jeebus" but my phone auto-filled hernia so there you have it). As much as I want a child for the "love like no other" and the whole wonderment and joy part - I most definitely could've used a little tax deduction this year :) But for real? Your little one is absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're all sick. Like, REALLY sorry, because hubs and I were sick at the same time a couple weeks back and I can't even imagine throwing a baby into the mix!


    Speaking of babies, I'm not even super close to having one, but I've always been intrigued by the cloth diaper thing. Is it honestly not that bad? Because you'll need to help me convince my husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Holy savings, Batman!" Well crafted m'lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miranda -- Thanks! Both for the compliment and for "holy hernia."

    Lisa -- I got a couple other questions about cloth diapers, so I will FOR SURE blog about them very soon.

    Mom -- love you too.

    Jeremy -- thanks babe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...