Saturday, July 9, 2011

T-minus One Month Till My Nervous Breakdown

Holy crap.  I have an 11-month old kid.  The BIG ONE is right around the corner.  Don't you worry, I have been panicking and crying and planning for the birthday extravaganza like a crazy person.  I'll just be over here, rocking back and forth in my corner.


That little Josie really is growing up fast.  In fact, she hit a darling milestone the other day: The "You Can Never Take Me Into a Store Ever Again" milestone.  Awww.  Isn't that adorable?



Grocery shopping the other day was a TWO AND A HALF HOUR brain-pain.  As I was putting the last grocery away, I heard Jeremy pull up, so I opened the door and said screamed "Thanks GOD you're home."  He loves it when I do that.


Seriously though, aside from her trying to take away the joy that is shopping, she is doing crazy awesome and grown-up things.  Let me number them thusly (I wish I had pictures to accompany all of them, but alas, only a precious few have been documented so far):


1.  She is a CHAMPION waver.  And she doesn't just wave when people wave at her or someone says "bye-bye" or something.  No, she is much smarter than that.  The other day, I scooped her up, grabbed my bag, and told the dog, "Cleo, don't worry, we'll be back soon," and Josephine started waving good-bye to Cleo!  Then, THEN, she WAVED AT THE HOUSE as I backed out of the driveway.  Genius.


2.  She is starting to REALLY love her stuffed animals and dolls, and she "gets" the concept of them now.  She hugs her animals, and I SWEAR she was burping a baby doll the other night.


I really wish this one weren't so blurry, because she is g-d adorable in it.
But this one is pretty cute, too.
See???  Burping the baby!!

3.  She has begun the classic "open mouth kiss."  But mostly only on my mouth.  My daughter french kisses me.  Not sure what to do with that one.

4.  She is interested in "big girl" things, like puzzles.

I'm telling you, GENIUS.

5.  She has SEVEN teeth.  Come on, she's practically an adult.


6.  She grabs my wallet whenever it is visible and will NOT LET GO.  Oh dear ...

7.  She has mastered the bear crawl.  She could totally walk, but this is way more fun.



8.  She can get through every single safety gate in the house.  Crap.


9.  Today I said "Nuh uh, kid."  She said, "Yaaaaaaah."  Oh dear again.


God, I love this kid.

1 comment:

  1. My mother used to tell me that she wanted to "see my pretty lips" when I started the open kiss phase. Good luck with the "Nuh-uh" stuff, I'm still doing that.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...