Thursday, July 21, 2011

Updates, Crafts, Promises, Blog Love

Y'all, I have been crafting up a frickin' STORM over here in preparation for Josephine's first birthday!  Since I don't have a craft room (*ahem*), I have taken over the dining room.  My husband is very excited about this new development.


I have been making TONS of decoration goodness for the big bash (it's at a park, in a pavilion, so I need to try to make it look as cute as possible, the cheapest way possible.  Let's put it this way: I was saying to Jeremy, "But I just want her birthday to be as FABULOUS as possible on our shoestring budget!!" and he replied, "Shoestring budget?  That's overstating it ... a lot.").  So, I have been trying to be creative. 


I have ALSO been making a lot of gifts for Josephine.  We bought her one big toy, but I had a whole list of things I had been wanting to make her, so I have been working my butt off, and only have ONE project left!!!  The one I thought would be the easiest is giving me the most trouble.  Isn't that always the way?  I figure this is the birthday to do lots of handmade gifts, because she's not old enough to complain about not getting specific toys she wanted (heh heh) AND I will be able to look back and be proud of the love I put into all of it.  And, depending on how old she is when she does the reminiscing, she might also think it is heartwarming ... or, of course, she might shout something like, "Way to cheap out on my first birthday, MOM!!!"  I am totally looking forward to the teen years.


Well, it took a long time to say it, but the point of this post was to tell you I am crafting my a$$ off, get you all excited about seeing pictures (and some tutorials!!) after the big birthday bash, AND to tell you about some new craft blogs I am loving.  After getting some inspirations online, I got into some serious craft-blog loving, so I thought I would share some with you.


Prudent Baby


Prudent Baby


A haven for baby and toddler clothes (and so much more)!  Tons of tutorials, free patterns, and inspiration galore!


I can't wait to try this dress:




And I wish I had found this pattern before my little one arrived.  




Although, she only allowed us to swaddle her for two days ... well, I could make some for "normal" babies!  Whether you are just starting out or are a professional seamstress, this site will be your favorite, I promise!


A Little of This, A Little of That


a little of this, a little of that
Just what it sounds like, this site has it all in terms of crafting inspiration.  Sewing, decorating, organizing, refurbishing furniture -- you name it, she does it.


I'm loving her mod quilt:




She has great ideas, gives excellent instructions, and I think I spent two hours reading her blog last night before I realized I should be sleeping.  D'oh! 


Sweet Verbena


Sweet Verbena

This blog is like 2 months old, and already has over 400 followers because of tutorials like this:




Love it.  Can't wait to make one!

Mad Mim


You Are Now At Mad Mim's Website


That crazy Mim has great ideas, like this maternity dress:


Turn About the Room5 Sewing for a Belly over at DIY Maternity


I WILL make one when (if?) I get pregnant again!!  She is an excellent seamstress, includes very detailed and helpful tutorials, has great ideas, AND also just had a beautiful little girl, Harper, who I just want to hold and smell.  


Harpsy 1v Discovering Eachother


Is that creepy?  Sorry.


Alright, if you are a crafty lady or gentleman (or wish to be one) head on over and give them some blog love!

1 comment:

  1. Another little monkey in love - http://www.comicbookandmoviereviews.com/2011/07/wwwlovemonkeynet.html

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...