Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Parenting Test

Have you seen that commercial that urges parents not to serve alcohol to their minor children?  Yes, it would have been much better if I had the video right here for you to watch, but I couldn't find it on youtube, so here we are.


Anyway, it is a little girl asking her daddy for things as she gets older and older, the dad giving in every time, and then when she is a teenager she asks for alcohol for her party.  Uh oh!!


We have seen this commercial a lot lately, and when it came on the other night, somehow Jeremy and I had the same idea.


2-year-old girl:  [squeezing a puppy] Daddy, can we take this puppy home? *begging eyes*


[I look at Jeremy and he knows it's go time]


Jeremy:  Fuck no!  We already have enough bodies in this house!


11-year-old girl:  [holding up two dresses in a store] Can I have both of the dresses, Daddy? *fluttering eyelashes*


Jeremy:  Fuck no!  You already have dresses!


16-year-old girl:  [sidling up to her dad in the kitchen] Daddy, can you buy me some alcohol for my party tonight? *sweet smile*


Jeremy:  Sure sweetie.  What do you want me to pick up at the store? *look of adoration and pride*


Yep, he passed with flying colors.  We are all set for this little bundle of joy to join our household.

3 comments:

  1. YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Can't WAIT to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised you didn't register for a bottle of Sailor Jerry... you're so unprepared for parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you didn't register for a bottle of Sailor Jerry... you're so unprepared for parenthood!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...